Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, J.D. (Cum Laude), 2009
Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, B.A. (Summa Cum Laude), 2006
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
Illinois State Bar Association
Missouri Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Madison County Bar Association
Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
American Association for Justice
St. Louis County Police Athletic League, Executive Board Member
Note, The Constitutionality and Wisdom of Preventive War and Post-Conflict Nation-Building, 30 WASH. U. J.L. POL’Y 509, 2009
Kevin represents clients in all aspects of litigation, through trial and appeal. His practice focuses on: (1) representing businesses and business owners involved in lawsuits in state and federal court; and (2) representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex class action litigation across the country.
Kevin’s experience representing businesses, individuals, plaintiffs, and defendants in complex litigation gives him a unique perspective to develop and implement the appropriate strategy needed for each case. He has served as lead or co-lead counsel in cases involving contract disputes, consumer protection law, labor and employment law, shareholder disputes, real estate disputes, tax increment financing law, and privacy law.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin worked in several places where business and the law intersected, including: commercial litigation law firms in Chicago and San Francisco; the City of Chicago Department of Law; the United States Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Illinois; and the United States House of Representatives Committee on Small Business in Washington, D.C.
During law school, he served as an Executive Notes and Projects Editor on the Washington University Journal of Law and Policy; actively competed in moot court, finishing as a national quarterfinalist in the American Bar Association National Moot Court Competition; and was invited by the faculty to join the Order of Barristers for excellence in oral and written advocacy.
Kevin has achieved significant results for his clients, including:
- Certification by federal court and $24 million settlement of a nationwide class of ticketholders in a lawsuit against the St. Louis Rams for breach of its license agreement.
- Certification by federal court of a nationwide class and multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of nine million consumers in an action against one of the nation’s largest telecommunications companies for breach of its subscription agreement.
- Certification by federal court of nationwide and Illinois classes of consumers in a lawsuit against a product manufacturer and its distributors for alleged violations of RICO and consumer fraud statutes.
- Successful defense of New Jersey corporation in federal court wage-and-hour class action, obtaining denial of class certification and dismissal of claims alleging violations of Illinois Wage Act.
- Successful defense of Missouri company in federal court class action, avoiding class certification and obtaining dismissal of claims alleging violations of the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Illinois Consumer Fraud Act, and Illinois Restricted Call Registry Act.
- Obtaining multiple federal court judgments for real estate developer in litigation over Tax Increment Financing agreements between the developer and municipalities.
- Obtaining and enforcing multi-million dollar judgment for national bank in Missouri state court litigation over unpaid commercial loans and security interests.
- Obtaining significant recovery for national banks in multi-party Illinois state court litigation over equipment leases.
- Obtaining federal court judgment against national telecommunications company on behalf of homeowner alleging claims under the Illinois Public Utilities Act.
In 2019, Kevin was selected as a “Rising Star” by Illinois Super Lawyers.
WHY GOLDENBERG HELLER & ANTOGNOLI?
“We offer each client the service and resources of a larger firm, combined with the personal attention, customized solutions, flexibility, and dedication of a smaller firm.”