Mesothelioma Litigation Process
There are several phases to a mesothelioma lawsuit. Every case is unique, and we sculpt a customized strategy based on your specific situation and needs. Your case could end quickly with a favorable settlement and no trial, or we may have to pursue your compensation at trial. Even at trial, verdicts can be appealed, but we will continue to advocate for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
At Goldenberg Heller & Antognoli, P.C., we have more than 25 years of experience, and our Madison County law firm is one of the most experienced mesothelioma and asbestos law firms in the country. Located in Edwardsville, Illinois, we represent people nationwide, visiting clients in their homes and catering to their individual needs.
When you hire our team to represent your case, you can count on our integrity, honesty and perseverance. We offer free case evaluations with no obligations, prompt service and thorough investigations. Our attorneys have been handling these cases for years. We understand the hardships and complications you face. We work for you and your family.
Steps in a Mesothelioma or Asbestos Case
Diagnosis may come before or after your initial case evaluation, but the evaluation is more precise if you have been examined by a board-certified physician in pulmonary medicine, internal medicine, occupational medicine, oncology or pathology.
The progression of the legal claim is as follows:
1. Case evaluation
2. Filing a lawsuit
3. Discovery phase
4. Settlement negotiation
5. Trial (depending on outcome of settlement negotiation)
6. Appeal (depending on outcome of trial)
Dedicated Lung Cancer, Asbestosis and Mesothelioma Lawyers
The resources and experience our firm has compiled over the past 25 years is a huge benefit to our clients.
- We spend time with you, your family, your co-workers and any other people who can provide descriptions of past events and lead us to any evidence of your asbestos exposure.
- We discuss the events that led to your illness, anything that could have caused your illness on the job or otherwise, the effects of your illness and how it has impacted your family.
- We collaborate with your doctor to discuss your medical history, the diagnosis and your treatment.
- We are experienced with meeting deadlines and successful with the efficient litigation process.
- We prepare every case as if it will go to trial, fully prepared for a legal battle.
- We negotiate with defendants on your behalf and keep you fully informed throughout.
- We try asbestos and mesothelioma cases aggressively, and we continue to fight for your interests and compensation even when defendants won’t take responsibility and attempt to appeal a verdict.
We are compassionate advocates and tenacious litigators on your behalf.