Family Members Exposed to Asbestos
Exposure to asbestos has severe effects on more people than just industrial, factory and construction workers. If you or a family member worked in a high-risk occupation or made use of asbestos-containing products at any time in your life, risk of asbestos-related diseases or other conditions is elevated greatly.
Asbestos products were used to construct buildings, ships, automobiles, cement, appliances, household goods and even some toys during the 20th century. The benefits, affordability and durability of asbestos as a heat, flame, chemical and electricity resistant compound made it very practical as an insulator and noise reducing material.
Its widespread use has made generations of Americans susceptible to developing severely life-threatening asbestos-related diseases, including:
Secondhand Asbestos Exposure
The dangerous health consequences of asbestos were known before World War II, but manufacturers of asbestos products and installation companies did not slow down. Many did not inform their workers of the proper precautions to prevent inhalation and the spread of asbestos fibers outside of the workplace.
Many workers unknowingly brought asbestos fibers into the home, putting their families at risk. Asbestos fibers can cling to clothes, hair and upholstery, and they are invisible. Many people have developed asbestos-related diseases not knowing that they were ever exposed to asbestos.
Secondhand exposure to asbestos could occur from:
- Release of materials into the air or water by demolition of structures
- Being near a road paved with crushed serpentine stone
- Living near an asbestos mine
- Handling the work clothes of asbestos miners or millers
- Working in a building insulated with asbestos
Experienced and Resilient Legal Representation
in Asbestos Exposure Cases
At Goldenberg Heller & Antognoli, P.C., we hold asbestos defendants accountable for the harm they have caused to American families. Located in the heart of Madison County, our Edwardsville, Illinois, law firm has been advocating for the rights of family members exposed to asbestos throughout the U.S. for more than 25 years.
- We help people identify when and where they were exposed to asbestos.
- Our attorneys are some of the most experienced asbestos litigation attorneys in the nation.
- We help victims obtain diagnoses from highly qualified medical professionals.
- We help victims identify symptoms, which may not show up until decades after initial exposure.
- We visit personally with clients across the country to understand their unique needs and to investigate the site of their exposure.
Contact Us for a Free, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
We help victims and their families with personalized service and expedient legal work. Contact us today at 618-656-5150 or toll free at 800-782-8492 to speak with a lawyer. Please also complete our free case evaluation form.