- Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
- Phone: 618-656-5150
- Fax: 618-656-6230
- Email: E-mail Me
- Vcard: Download
Mark C. Goldenberg
I am one of the founders of the firm and its managing partner. Our firm resulted from the merger of three of Madison County’s leading law firms in the late 1980’s. I am incredibly proud of what Goldenberg Heller & Antognoli, P.C. has achieved for its clients in the past twenty plus years and the leadership role it has in the local community.
After becoming a Certified Public Accountant, I decided to attend law school and combine my accounting and legal background to serve clients. I have practiced law for over a quarter of a century with a concentration in Commercial and Business Law, Estate Planning, Tax Law, Class Action Litigation and Real Estate.
I was born and raised in East St. Louis, Illinois, and graduated from East St. Louis Senior High School in 1966. My family owned and operated a grocery store in East St. Louis. I am a graduate from the University of Illinois College of Commerce (1970) and the University of Illinois College of Law (1973). I met my wife, Bonnie, at Illinois and she and our children, Mitchell and Samara, also graduated from the University of Illinois.
Throughout my career, I have represented individual clients and small to large business entities including general representation in their business operation and planning, acquisitions, mergers and sales, and problem solving. I have assisted the University of Illinois College of Law as a guest presenter in the Trial Advocacy Program for more than 10 years.
I am a huge sports fan and my favorite team by far is the “Fighting Illini“. I have attended Illinois football and basketball games for over forty years and previously represented University of Illinois Assistant Basketball Coaches Jimmy Collins and Richard Nagy during the 1989/1990 NCAA investigation involving Deon Thomas and LaPhonso Ellis.
I enjoy swimming, jogging, exercise and bike riding. Mostly, I enjoy vacation time with my family.
- Illinois, 1974
- Missouri, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- U.S. Tax Court, 1986
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. – 1973
- University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- B.S. – 1970
- Major: Accounting
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Trial Advocacy, University of Illinois School of Law Ancillary Businesses
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Association of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Madison County Bar Association, Member
- Tri-City Bar Association, Past President, Vice-President and Treasurer
- Madison County Bar Association, Past Treasurer
- Alton Branch NAACP, Lifetime Member
- Founding Partner, Tzinberg, Goldenberg & Deck, C.P.A.